Couples Therapy Kansas City
Relationships are the most important aspect of our lives; how we live, love, and communicate with one another. Over the past 50 years, Modern Psychoanalysis has devised new techniques and strategies to deal with even the most troublesome aspects of romantic relationships, and explore new approaches to emotional communication and personal growth. My practice specializes in working with Couples, and I have nearly a decade’s clinical experience with a wide range of problems.
Addressing the needs of couples, individuals, children and families since 2001. Serving all areas of conflict and symptom formation including:relationship issues, depression, anxiety, divorce, substance abuse, couples counseling, family counseling, group psychotherapy, and corporate consultation.
Services and Ethical Standards
Couples Therapy - Services* marital distress
* chronic irritability or moodiness in your spouse
* anger problems and escalation style in relationships
* new pathways for emotional communication
* recovering from infedility
* sexual dysfunction
* anxiety/stress manifestations in the relationship
* chronic or symptomatic jealousy issues
* trusting your spouse
* financial concerns as they affect the relationship
* feeling 'alone' in the relationship
* feeling as though you are in the 'business of raising children not having a loving relationship'
* feeling 'numb' or 'out of love' in the relationship
* feeling 'ambivalent' ie. wanting to be separate but connected to the relationship
These are just a few of the symptomatic formations that I have treated. When you are ready, I encourage you to call. Remember, Talking Helps.
- Confidentiality is a priority in Mr. Allison's practice. He upholds all ethical standards for psychoanalysts set by both the American Psychoanalytic Association, and the National Association for the Advancement of Psychoanalysis. More …
- Modern Psychoanalysis has devised new techniques and strategies to deal with even the most troublesome aspects of romantic relationships, and explore new approaches to emotional communication and personal growth. More …
- "My goal is to treat each client as an individual with his or her own strengths and weaknesses which are used to devise a treatment plan designed to bring about optimum results." More …